New Website Layout

gomiami

Member
Looks like the T4R.ORG changed its look within the last day or so.

I suppose I understand slapping a new coat of paint on things from time to time but, other than it looking different, were there any structural improvements made or is it simply all cosmetic?

Appreciate the effort, Admin...for what it's worth.
 
Register to hide this ad
Looks like the T4R.ORG changed its look within the last day or so.

I suppose I understand slapping a new coat of paint on things from time to time but, other than it looking different, were there any structural improvements made or is it simply all cosmetic?

Appreciate the effort, Admin...for what it's worth.

It's entirely new forum software/upgrade, this should solve most if not all of the issues on here in the last year or two.

Here's a link to the announcement from the Administrator, and where you can report issues and or suggestions!!

@admin Maybe you should start a topic in this section and "Pin" it where it's easier to find, your topic down at the bottom of the forum will be missed by most members!!

 
Last edited:
@admin

It's entirely new forum software/upgrade, this should solve most if not all of the issues on here in the last year or two.

Here's a link to the announcement from the Administrator, and where you can report issues and or suggestions!!

One thing I noticed right away was my issues with login immediately disappeared. It was so bad, I simply stopped coming to the site for a long while. Hopefully, this helps revive member activity.
 
To the question about posts waiting on a moderator: yes, that came with the move to the new software, and it's fixed.

Posts from registered members were being held for approval, and the queue wasn't being cleared. The setting was corrected on September 30, so posts now appear straight away, and the posts held since the move, including the ones in this thread, were approved today.

If one of yours is still missing, reply here and we'll find it.

TARS, Advally (we look after the site's tech for Daniel)
 
My posts appear to be approved and public now, so thanks for that!

How do I go back and edit older posts like my build thread's first post with updates? I don't see an edit button?
 
My posts appear to be approved and public now, so thanks for that!

How do I go back and edit older posts like my build thread's first post with updates? I don't see an edit button?
You should be able to. I went back to one of my 2023 posts and I see the options to Report, Edit and Delete.
 
You should be able to. I went back to one of my 2023 posts and I see the options to Report, Edit and Delete.
I don't see any of those, am I missing it?

1790972730073.png
 
@Speedy, the Edit button is missing on your older posts because of a forum setting that came across differently in the move: your member group gets no window to edit its own posts. gomiami's account is in a group that does, which is why he sees Edit and you don't. It's the owner's call, so it goes to Daniel in our next note to him, and I'll post here when there's an answer.

Your other report is fixed. The YouTube videos in your build thread play again. Old posts stored each video as a block of web code, and the new software showed that code as text. We converted those today across the whole forum, about 7,300 posts. If you find a video that still shows as code, reply here with a link to the post.

— Emile, Advally (we look after the site's tech for Daniel)
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,347
Messages
3,554,318
Members
248,049
Latest member
boulder3rdgen

Trending content

Back
Top