oil pressure sensor

Traveler74

New member
I need to replace my oil pressure sensor in my 1996 T4R, SR5, V-6 and I'll need the special socket, but I don't know what size to order. See the type of tool below. Who knows what size I'll need ?
 

Attachments

  • OT4673-1.jpg
    OT4673-1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,042
Register to hide this ad
when mine broke while doing an oil filter replacement. I used a long 24 mm deep socket tô remove it.
edit; mine is a 2000.
 
I've scoured Amazon.com, harbor freight, Ebay and Napa looking for a 24mm oil pressure sensor socket.
There are literally hundreds and hundreds of 22 mm oxygen sensor sockets. But not a single 24mm oil pressure socket with a wire cut out on the side.

Is it possible that they are no longer made ?
:frusty: Going nuts in Mexico. Grr.
 
Last edited:
I've scoured Amazon.com, harbor freight, Ebay and Napa looking for a 24mm oil pressure sensor socket.
There are literally hundreds and hundreds of 22 mm oxygen sensor sockets. But not a single 24mm oil pressure socket with a wire cut out on the side.

Is it possible that they are no longer made ?
:frusty:

I believe you just unplug it and the socket will just fit over the entire thing. You don't need a wire cutout.
 
A regular deep socket will work. I think 15/16’s 6 point will work. It’s been a little while since I put the oil pressure gauge on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I believe you just unplug it and the socket will just fit over the entire thing. You don't need a wire cutout.

A regular deep socket will work. I think 15/16’s 6 point will work. It’s been a little while since I put the oil pressure gauge on.


Since 15/16 inch equals 23.8125 mm, you think it will fit over a 24mm nut on the sensor ? That is ASSUMING that the nut on the sensor is 24 mm. If so, it sure would make my life one hell of a lot easier.
 
With the wire off. I don't see why a 24mm deep well socket wont work. Especially, with the oil filter off as well. :-)
 
I need to replace my oil pressure sensor in my 1996 T4R, SR5, V-6 and I'll need the special socket, but I don't know what size to order. See the type of tool below. Who knows what size I'll need ?

With the wire off. I don't see why a 24mm deep well socket wont work. Especially, with the oil filter off as well. :-)

Yep. Regular 24mm deep socket is all you need. I told him this in his other thread a few days ago. I tried it on the 4Runner and had the sensor out of my echo.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,530
Members
248,081
Latest member
Luceann

Trending content

Back
Top