Brancart675
New member
Hey everyone,
New to the forum and looking forward to hopefully having my hands on a new 4Runner soon. On that note, I have been doing a ton of research and know that the TRD Pro in Army Green is the one for me. I realize I am behind the curve but I am wanting to order one through a local dealer (one closest to me says they can still get them). Some of you may read this and wonder why I wouldn’t go find one sitting on a lot somewhere and that is a good question, but for many factors I won’t go into, timing is everything and the 45-60 days the dealer told me helps me on that timeline so I’m willing to wait.
I’ve recently read that there are some dealers across the nation that have knocked a few thousand dollars off TRD Pro’s sitting on their lot, likely due to reduced sales from COVID. I’m wondering if it is possible to negotiate a deal on a TRD Pro upfront knowing the dealer would need to order it? I’m not looking to drive a hard bargain here, I realize they are hurting and wouldn’t want to take advantage of that but if there was a way for it to be a win-win in that they get a guaranteed sale on a car that they will have zero holding costs on, whether asking for a deal upfront is reasonable.
Thoughts?
New to the forum and looking forward to hopefully having my hands on a new 4Runner soon. On that note, I have been doing a ton of research and know that the TRD Pro in Army Green is the one for me. I realize I am behind the curve but I am wanting to order one through a local dealer (one closest to me says they can still get them). Some of you may read this and wonder why I wouldn’t go find one sitting on a lot somewhere and that is a good question, but for many factors I won’t go into, timing is everything and the 45-60 days the dealer told me helps me on that timeline so I’m willing to wait.
I’ve recently read that there are some dealers across the nation that have knocked a few thousand dollars off TRD Pro’s sitting on their lot, likely due to reduced sales from COVID. I’m wondering if it is possible to negotiate a deal on a TRD Pro upfront knowing the dealer would need to order it? I’m not looking to drive a hard bargain here, I realize they are hurting and wouldn’t want to take advantage of that but if there was a way for it to be a win-win in that they get a guaranteed sale on a car that they will have zero holding costs on, whether asking for a deal upfront is reasonable.
Thoughts?