Tires question- Got it! 2024 ORP

SWFLnewbie

New member
Stock suspension and driving mostly highway except if in hurricane muck and during heavy rains! The truck currently has Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70R17. My driving will be almost entirely highway, with heavy Florida rain/wet roads being my biggest concern. Thinking of switching to Michelin Defender LTX M/S2s. Anyone running them on an ORP/KDSS? Thoughts on wet traction, highway ride and noise? And the occasional chaos evacuating from the island I live on?

Thanks in advance!
1791225816915.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
My GX460 has KDSS and, while they are 18s and not 17s, it is similar enough to make some comparison. The Michelin Defenders LTX/M2s are my next set of tires based on numerous feedback from other GX owners that I have researched. The feedback says they are smooth, quiet, corner well, perform well in rain, snow or mud and are long-lasting. The main criticism are the looks, with many calling it a soccer mom tire, which I could care less about.

I've got another 10-15K of life left on the factory tires and then it'll be a trip to Costco to get a set of five LTX/M2s.
 
That Michelin is a nice tire and I recently put them on my wife’s GX460 . But they do look like a tire your grandma would have on her Buick .
 
@ Nick B: True. My use case is a little unusual — probably 95% highway in somewhat extreme heat, and where I want relatively quiet and excellent wet-road manners, but I also want enough tread to get off a barrier island through flood muck, sand and debris after a storm. I’m looking hard at the Continental TerrainContact A/T2, Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActive and Yokohama Geolandar G015. The Continental seems like the best compromise so far — curious if you’ve had experience with any of those.

Thanks for your response!

@Forum: I’d welcome all suggestions!

Thanks all!!
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,373
Messages
3,554,491
Members
248,073
Latest member
tootsie

Trending content

Back
Top