Yakima Landing pads?

matt3liv

New member
I've done some searching but I'm not getting the results that I need. I am interested in using the Yakima landing pad / control tower system on my 2010 Trail. I would like to take the entire factory rack off, put landing pads in the four corners and possibly add another intermediate set in the middle.

If there was a stock landing pad that worked in this spot, I'd like to start there, but Yakima's website doesn't show anything for it. I have a message into customer support. However, if I did want to put a third bar in, using the Yakima tracks would be the way to go, because there are stock landing pads for that.

Anyone go down this road before? I currently put an extended load warrior on the factory cross bars for cargo. I also add a mid-bar for my powder hound, or pull the basket off and put the hound on the factory cross bars. I also put an old Yak bike tray, kayak saddles, or paddleboard pads on the cross bars of the loadwarrior in the summer months. On top of all of this, I regularly move the basket from my 4R to my wife's Yukon ... Oh man, if I could just pop it off an on, I would be soooo happy.

The bike tray isn't critical, I have an old sportworks four tray for bikes, but the other combos are driving me crazy. I saw a friends landing pad install on a prius today and it all "clicked" in my head. I have to move to this modular system.

Anyone?
 
Register to hide this ad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,591
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn

Trending content

Back
Top