Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Okki will become famous soon enough

Okki will become famous soon enough
Swiffer Mop to wax roof under Gobi Stealth rack.

Swiffer Mop
Swiffer Mop $ 11.65 Walmart
Microfiber towels $ 9.97 Walmart
Total $ 21.62

The Problem!
When I installed the Gobi Stealth Rack on my 2010 Limited, I quickly realized that cleaning and waxing the roof was going to be a challenge due to the lack of space between the rack and the roof.

The Solution:
I grabbed a Swiffer Sweeper 2 In 1 Mop And Broom Floor Cleaner Starter Kit at Walmart and been really happy with how it works. The wet pad is a microfiber, so using it to wash the roof worked well with no swirl marks.
Next I used some microfiber towels and spray-on wax (I use Griots Garage) to wax the roof.

After spraying on the wax (through the mesh of the rack) I used the swiffer to spread the wax evenly. The swiffer dow not fit under the cross bars, but by positioning the swiffer base length-wise or sideways you can cover all areas of the roof.

By having the “blade” sideways, it fits precisely between the raised areas that run the length of the roof. You may want to use a second microfiber towel to buff off the wax.

Using this technique, I got my roof waxed in just a couple minutes and looking good under the Gobi.

Okki
Okki's Build Thread - 2010 Limited: Shrockworks Rock Rails & Full Skids, Gobi Rack, OPT7 LED Roof LIGHT Bar, Rigid E-Series Bumper Light Bar, Hella Horns, Auxiliary Fuse Box, Cobra ST75, TRD Rims, Discoverer ATP LT265/70R17, Rotopax, ARB Twin Compressor, Cargo Area Pressure Gauge and Chuck, Icon billet trailing- and A-arms, Dobinsons Shocks/Coils, Fumuto Oil Valve, Northstar Group 31M, CBI Front & Rear Bumpers !!!
========================================
Any time...Anywhere.. My cat can take you.
Okki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote