2000 4Runner Airbag Light B0131

FD7683

Member
I have a 2000 4Runner with 270k miles and recently noticed the Airbag light flashing I pulled the codes I got a B0131 for open circuit on passenger seatbelt pretensioner. I checked the repair manual it takes me to diagnosing the circuit, Airbag Sensor Assembly, and P/T Squib. Not much to it these trucks are very old now before I diagnose it whats the chances I will have to send my seatbelt for rebuild? Anyone had such problem?
 
Register to hide this ad
I recently replace my drivers front seat belt as for some odd reason the Pyro mechanism was giving off some foul smell that made the belt part stink to high heavens. New oem ones are still available, so if you need to replace it I would go oem and avoid the rebuilt route as it's a safety item.
 
I just went through this for the driver's side on my '99. I went through the whole FSM diagnosis procedure for that code which confirmed that there was no circuit issue and that the issue was indeed the seatbelt unit. It might be worth it to go through the exercise as those things are not cheap. I got it from my local dealer because it's hazmat shipping from anyone else and it costs like $95 to ship. It was worth it as the return spring on my old one had arthritis and the new one is just a pleasure to use. I don't know if you can even find a rebuild service that can fix that kind of issue; the ones I saw just do the springs and belt. SRS light went away as soon as it was installed; no reset necessary.
 
Yikes looks like i'm in for seatbelt replacement $$$ thanks for the help I will diagnose it soon I really haven't had time to look into it. I will update on the fix.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,548
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top