Digital Torque Adapter

Will_4R

Member
What do you guys think about something like this as an alternative to a torque wrench for occasional use? It is reasonably afordable (on sale), compact and looks easy enough to use. It doesn't seem to need the regular calibration of a torque wrench, which is good, but is it going to be accurate or reliable enough? Just curious because I have never seen anything like it?
 
Register to hide this ad
But, why? Torque wrenches are affordable (around $65) and will last a lifetime, no battery or fancy electronics that fails as well.
 
The 3/8" torque wrenches are about that price anyways. That device takes up almost as much room.

I'd pass on it.
 
But, why? Torque wrenches are affordable (around $65) and will last a lifetime, no battery or fancy electronics that fails as well.

A decent click-type torque wrench is $100-120 (here), maybe less if I can grab one on sale. The beam-type is $20. How often do torque wrenches need calibration, and how much does it cost? I was thinking about picking up the beam-type becuase it is cheap and from what i understand doesn't need calibration. However they are hard to use in some situations.

I'll take the advice and pass.
 
Last edited:
I got my for $59 Husky brand from Home Depot. Sears sells theirs for $79, but have it on sale for $55 often. Calibration: I wouldnt worry about, besides that little adapter probubly requires one too. It sounds like you have your mind made up anyway, so this just my 0.02$.
 
I got my for $59 Husky brand from Home Depot. Sears sells theirs for $79, but have it on sale for $55 often. Calibration: I wouldnt worry about, besides that little adapter probubly requires one too. It sounds like you have your mind made up anyway, so this just my 0.02$.

I made up my mind to take your advice and not buy the digital thing. I'll wait for a sale and get the real thing. Thanks for the advice guys.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo

Trending content

Back
Top