Help with 96 abs noise

jjamesyj

New member
So today I decided that I would install the new optima red top in my 96 runner. While I had the battery out I also went ahead and installed the new pioneer head unit in place of the stock unit. After I buttoned everything up, I connected the battery cables and turned the key to the on position. When I did I heard 3-4 clicks and then a noise like an electric pump running for 4-5 seconds and then shut off. I started it up and everything seemed fine. Shut it off and turned the key back to the on position again and same thing. I traced it to the abs relays that we're clicking and the abs pump that was running. It has never done this previous to the new stereo/battery install. Any ideas? I done some searches and everything I found was for later model 3rd gens, and seemed to be when they were running. While I had the dash apart I noticed a small box that had a caution notice for the abs system on it basically right behind the ashtray. Could I have knocked something loose? I guess I will pull it back apart tomorrow and see if I can see anything obvious. Thanks in advance Jesse
 
Register to hide this ad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top