KCcarguy
New member
So, I found out a couple weeks ago that Daisy, my 15yo shepherd mix has cancer. The vet says it's very aggressive and to expect things to get bad quickly. She's the best dog I've ever had (and probably will ever have) and she's like family.
I'm really struggling with finding the right time to do this. As of now, she's acting pretty normal just on narcotics and steroids, with the exception of an occasional uncharacteristic "accident" indoors. I have an appointment to have her put to sleep tomorrow, but I feel like I'm jumping the gun. So, i'm I doing it too soon by putting her down when she's still relatively happy, or is that the better than waiting until she's obviously suffering?
Any advice/ experience/ support is much appreciated.
I'm really struggling with finding the right time to do this. As of now, she's acting pretty normal just on narcotics and steroids, with the exception of an occasional uncharacteristic "accident" indoors. I have an appointment to have her put to sleep tomorrow, but I feel like I'm jumping the gun. So, i'm I doing it too soon by putting her down when she's still relatively happy, or is that the better than waiting until she's obviously suffering?
Any advice/ experience/ support is much appreciated.