Javelin's Build Thread

Heres a few pics from the trip and an Article that Matt Farah wrote.

7824802340_605bb0279e_c.jpg~original


IMG_0524.jpg~original


IMG_0525.jpg~original


More Pics/Article
4Wheelin' With 4Runners (Or, Why I Still Need Physical Therapy) | The Smoking Tire
 
Last edited:
Yep! Check the article for some more pics.
4Wheelin' With 4Runners (Or, Why I Still Need Physical Therapy) | The Smoking Tire

Ill post some more pics as soon as the other members post them!

The Locker is the best investment I have made on my 4R so far. Used it about 10 Times.

Did some minor damage to the factory skid plates. Just ordered a full set of Budbuilts.

Im thinking of Powdercoating them Orange to match my Trim :)

So envious of getting to hang out with Matt Farah!!!!!!
 
Installed All Pro Trailing arms and skids.

looks good! I was just looking at their website and want to pick up a set with front and rear skids and mix them with Toytecs uppers and panhard bar. Might have to wait a few months though! :cry2:
 
Last edited:
Is there a cutout on the bottom of the skid for droop? Did you install the links with the rig jacked up or on the ground?
 
Yes theres a small cutout for droop. The brackets and arms are very well designed.

I had to jack up the truck to install them. They didnt reach all the way when it was sitting on the ground.
 
Yes theres a small cutout for droop. The brackets and arms are very well designed.

I had to jack up the truck to install them. They didnt reach all the way when it was sitting on the ground.

Good to know! This is definitely next on my list!
 
Good to know! This is definitely next on my list!

You wont be disappointed.

I tried driving like 10 feet with the arms completely disconnected and it was completely unstable. Imagine if you broke the bracket on a trail :0

Mine was complete bent in on the drivers side. Took me like 20 min to get the link out. Had to bend it straight with channel locks haha. Hopfully yours is in better shape.
 
Did it getr bent on Holcolm?

Ya the bracket did, Bad. The arms were fine. Those skids should help for next time haha.

Dave, do you have any idea how much the 3 factory skids weigh? I know you are running budbuilts. I just ordered a full set but wanted to factor in removing the factory skids.
 
Ya the bracket did, Bad. The arms were fine. Those skids should help for next time haha.

Dave, do you have any idea how much the 3 factory skids weigh? I know you are running budbuilts. I just ordered a full set but wanted to factor in removing the factory skids.

The front and mid don't weigh much. I carried them both at the same time, one in each hand. Not sure about the gas skid as I haven't removed it yet.

The budbuilts are heavy in comparison, so you are adding over 100 lbs of weight.

Are you trying to keep the runner mean and lean? lol
 

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,561
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top