Quatre Coureur
New member
I like your route Al. A little bit of everything... Gives us an option to run John Bull(3N10). Sounds fun. :thumb3:
I like your route Al. A little bit of everything... Gives us an option to run John Bull(3N10). Sounds fun. :thumb3:
Thanks for thinking of us little peopleIf anyone has a welder I could use for a few hours and some scrap steel they'll give me for free I would love to run jb....but I figure no one would want to run such a challenging trail with new trucks, don't blame em either
Great idea making a poll, I voted Big Bear NE. If we could put together something similar to the run we had last November up White mountain that would be awesome. I'll try to come up with some ideas to throw out there:nerd:
I love Anza Borrego but it's probably too late IMHO:
https://www.wunderground.com/us/ca/borrego-springs/zmw:92004.1.99999
I'm up for Big Bear..
White Mountain was an awesome run with some great food mid-trip as well. I don't like driving too far with no sway bars, but I'll definitely join ya's when we get back up this way.
No that's not what I'm saying at all lol if I had skids and sliders it's a maybe. But as it is no.So your ok with taking your new truck up John Bull? If I had a new truck( really wish I did) you wouldn't catch me on that trail.
View attachment 206817
So your ok with taking your new truck up John Bull? If I had a new truck( really wish I did) you wouldn't catch me on that trail.
View attachment 206817
I am thinking we missed the boat on Anza at least for the summer months. We all got A/C but anything outside is going to be brutal, spotting, recovery, airing down/up. Maybe we should reconsider this toward Sept/Oct?
I'd definitely postpone Anza until October. This also goes for anything in the low desert. The route that heads up to Big Bear from Rimrock is definitely better as it starts at 4500ft and goes up from there. I would also consider something near Idyllwild even though the group went there not too long ago. It's all about higher elevation to avoid brutal temps.Anza is 95% doable without a spotter or anything really other than 4wd. October is usually the first month it might be ok out there...September is still scorching
I'd definitely postpone Anza until October. This also goes for anything in the low desert. The route that heads up to Big Bear from Rimrock is definitely better as it starts at 4500ft and goes up from there. I would also consider something near Idyllwild even though the group went there not too long ago. It's all about higher elevation to avoid brutal temps.
Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Does anyone else plan on camping if we go on the 25th. My plan is to find a destination Friday night and camp as well if anyone is interested.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Just invite her, it's always the best way. My lady and daughter will be going.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk