looking for source for gen4 door moulding

mtnjak

New member
View attachment 521931
Dealer called these plastic panels "outside door moulding" (see grey "armor" :) in photo...
what are these called, and where is the best place to buy replacements? mine pop away from the body/doors
in locations where the blue couplers broke off the keeper in the grey part. Thanks!
Screenshot 2026-10-02 165446.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I call them gingerbread or plastic body cladding. I hated them on my QX4 which the 4Runner replaced, only to have the same junk on it.

Anyway, done ranting. Hopefully.

On the aforementioned QX4, I had one on a door that was about to fall off. It gave me warning, it wasn't overnight. Seemed there had been a previous repair, probably 10 years or more, not overnight, that was not up to factory standards and was failing. Clips that didn't clip, some sort of adhesive that had long stopped adhering. It was close to falling off I used a combo of 3M VHB tape and 3M super weatherstripping adhesive. Admittedly sounding like a 3M shill, I'm not sure which did the job, or if it was the combo. but in the 3 years or so I had it after the repair it was solid.

Toyota and Nissan plastics may be different, so what worked for me may not work for you, but that's what I'd use.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,350
Messages
3,554,341
Members
248,051
Latest member
vemderglade

Trending content

Back
Top