Clifford
Member
2001 sr5 4x4- I replaced the rear springs and shocks w OEM. Job went fine. I torqued everything to spec but the lower control arms are making noises esp when taking off from stop. I know the LCA bushings need replacement but they made no noise prior. I did hit things w WD40 but not sure if that could cause such a problem. I don't fully grasp how the LCA are supposed to actuate- IOW do the arms stay in fixed position and the bushings twist (or rotate on the bolt) as the rear rises and falls or are the arms supposed to swivel in their main mounts even at 107ft lbs of torque?
As an aside I have another question. The vehicle is still a tad low in the rear. (front suspension cheap OEM "equiv" crap had put on in a pinch). It had developed a bad side to side bounce as the springs had 280k mi and driver side spring was actually cracked in half and one coil was essentially missing. I STILL get a bad side to side bounce at times. The new springs/shocks made a big diff esp in turns/curvy roads. I also added taller Perrys Parts bump stops which engage sooner but I don't think they explain it. What can cause side to side bouncing? Thx
As an aside I have another question. The vehicle is still a tad low in the rear. (front suspension cheap OEM "equiv" crap had put on in a pinch). It had developed a bad side to side bounce as the springs had 280k mi and driver side spring was actually cracked in half and one coil was essentially missing. I STILL get a bad side to side bounce at times. The new springs/shocks made a big diff esp in turns/curvy roads. I also added taller Perrys Parts bump stops which engage sooner but I don't think they explain it. What can cause side to side bouncing? Thx