Got the bulk of my electrical done last weekend, still have some stuff to add in for the rear area. In my Taco I just kinda poked stuff through were ever I could find space, decided to do it a bit cleaner this time and ordered up a Daystar Products bulkhead grommet. Way cleaner for running stuff! I also ditched the factory battery terminals that were pretty much eaten up for some military style connectors.
I purchased a Blue Sea 6 fuse distro box and couldn't find a place that I was totally happy about mounting it too. Wanted something easy to access. So I built a shelf that sits above the factory relay/fuse block to mount it and a mini ANL fuse holder too. It's not idea, cause I cant easily access the factory box, but two bolts and I can swing it out over the fender to get in there. For the amount of time you need in the factory box, I think It'll work.
Before I bolted it in for the last time, I went ahead and did the full time 12V outlet mod. Short piece of wire across the terminals where the relay normally sits and your done! I do this to all my rigs so when the truck is off my GPS and phone will still have power. It's just more convenient.
For switches I went to
OTRATTW and picked some up to get me going. I mounted the air compressor and front locker switch in the left hand side of the dash next to the steering wheel. all I had to do to get them to fit was open up the factory hole width just a little with a file. Very nice fit. I mounted the other two I got in the overhead sun glass/garage door opener cubby. It was wasted space to me, and gave me enough real estate for 5 switches.
2Meter and the the deck was swapped right over from my Taco. Just needed wired in.
Now that most of the players for the front of the truck are in, I can start wiring.