• If you plan to post to Classified forums, you must follow these rules, or your post will be deleted.

    1. Thread title must include at a minimum: FS or FT, Item(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gen), Price and Location. For Example: FS: 4th GEN Carpet Floor Mats - Tan, $50 Denver, CO.
    2. All Threads must contain the following information
      • What is for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.)
      • Condition
      • Price/What you want to trade for
      • Location of item
      • At least one picture of the item for sale or for trade
    3. No "Feeler" Threads - Its either for sale or it isn't.
    4. Moderators lock Classified Threads that have not had any activity in 90 days or when the part is announced SOLD.
    5. Threads not complying with the rules will be deleted without notice.

Pre-order: Roof Top Tent

I'm about ready to get on the good side of the fence I feel like this is a great deal and with me living in Colorado I don't think the shipping would be terrible. Really waiting on the price final price of the tent we all go with. I guess my big concern now is if I go all in on one what else will I need to mount this to a factory roof rack with factory cross bars or is that even possible with the weight?

That's a good question and I don't want to steer you or anyone else wrong. Check in the 5th Gen section and post up requesting how people mounted their and if they used stock.

Weight for the #4 is going to be around 180lbs + persons.
 
Absolutely no issue mounting to the "factory rail"..... NOT "factory crossbars" tho.

163032d1435436310-jicko-build-thread-20150613_141329.jpg


163031d1435436270-jicko-build-thread-20150613_140128.jpg
 
Last edited:
If I decide to sell my atv and be able to have some east coast folks go in on a pallet I would be in. Guess I'm waiting for some more east coast folks interested and a closer final price.
 
I am very interested in tent, annex, mattress, and anti-condensation mat. I need a good estimate on how much the final configuration is going to be. I don't know if I can commit yet and the price will help. What is your deadline to join in? By the Oct. 1st pay date?

Dumb question but do these come with the ladder? I've never owned one.
 
I was waiting for my next post to be final pricing but unfortunately I am still waiting on the brokers to tell me all the import costs. Very soon though.

To recap:
From the initial interest it was decided on a larger tent, that could hold 3-4 people. Hence we are going with the CVT Mt. Ranier in comparison. At this point, if we get 10 people I will start collecting funds. More people will jump on just by the nature of "this is happening" and I will place the order on October 1st. It's about a 4 month process, maybe less. So you will get your tents before March.
[MENTION=107460]Magnetic4R[/MENTION]- 180lbs is the estimated shipping weight. Apparently it's around 150-160lbs total though. Remember, once you setup the tent the ladder is support a good portion of the total weight.
[MENTION=126331]Eric0321[/MENTION] - Yes ladder is included. Along with everything you need to be a happy camper: annex, anti-condensation mat, thick mattress.
 
OK FOLKS! Final pricing is in....except for shipping to your commercial address (details below).

First off, I've been thinking and it is minimal price to upgrade from 280G to 320G fabric, so I went ahead and included that.

Shipping/Import costs came out a little higher than anticipated but I am very happy with the company I am going with. In total import costs are roughly 28% the total costs of the tents themselves!

So here it is:

10 Tents - $1000ea (+local shipping)
15 Tents - $950ea (+local shipping)
20 Tents - $900ea (+local shipping)

PM me to place your Pre-Order.

For those that are "in" I will happily share the math and all the numbers to come up with the costs. I think we started off this GB thinking we would be going with the #2 (Shasta) size, didn't know about the platic mat, and 320G fabric upgrade and I was estimating around $800...well now that we've decided BIGGER and BETTER our prices went up a bit. How did it come out to $1000 each? I have no idea...ironic. I didn't get my quotes for the #2 tents but they should be $830-$875/tent. If you are interested in size #2 instead, still PM me, I have a backup list if we don't get enough interest for #4.

Shipping to your local commercial address: I'm waiting on the warehouse to give me estimates to Portland, Denver, Atlanta, Boston for estimate/reference. I've already contacted a different company, Fastenal, and they quoted me $185 from Long Beach, CA (warehouse) to Atlanta. $300 for two tents. So for me, I'm sitting here thinking $1175 for a $1950++ tent....Not bad...

Lastly, I have found out that October-December is shipping busytime. So we won't be able to extend the pre-order all the way out to October 1st. I am going to take the orders until September 21st. I need $100 down to put your name on the list so everyone knows you are serious. On September 23nd I will collect everyone's monies based on the amount of tents (10,15,20). Payment via PayPal only!
If we somehow don't get 10 tents because of back-outs I will be disappointed and refund everyone's money. So there is absolutely no reason to hold off and wait for better discount. Either you want a tent or you don't (what's $50 out of $1000 anyway?).
 
Last edited:
So, the big'un to Atlanta will be approx $900-$1000 + shipping (approx $150-185)?

And how many yes', and maybes, do we currently have?
 
Absolutely no issue mounting to the "factory rail"..... NOT "factory crossbars" tho.

163032d1435436310-jicko-build-thread-20150613_141329.jpg


163031d1435436270-jicko-build-thread-20150613_140128.jpg
I need to run this setup to mount this tent to factory roof bars. My concern is that the MT Rainer sized tent will be too large as the factory bars only run 2/3 the length of the roof.

Couldn't find anywhere someone mounting a tent this size to factory bars, I did find a you tube video of one on a older jeep cherokee, covered the entire roof, so I'm thinking probably won't work..
 
I need to run this setup to mount this tent to factory roof bars. My concern is that the MT Rainer sized tent will be too large as the factory bars only run 2/3 the length of the roof.

Couldn't find anywhere someone mounting a tent this size to factory bars, I did find a you tube video of one on a older jeep cherokee, covered the entire roof, so I'm thinking probably won't work..

I think the ONLY tent that will work with "direct mounting to the factory roof rail" is the -2 (smallest) one. Even the -3 is probably too big, and your tail gate may have trouble opening too. -4 will DEFINITELY not work, 100%. To use a -4 (largest tent), you will need a full length roof rack - Gobi, Frontrunner, Ez-awn K9, etc...
 
OK FOLKS! Final pricing is in....except for shipping to your commercial address (details below).

First off, I've been thinking and it is minimal price to upgrade from 280G to 320G fabric, so I went ahead and included that.

Shipping/Import costs came out a little higher than anticipated but I am very happy with the company I am going with. In total import costs are roughly 28% the total costs of the tents themselves!

So here it is:

10 Tents - $1000ea (+local shipping)
15 Tents - $950ea (+local shipping)
20 Tents - $900ea (+local shipping)

PM me to place your Order.

For those that are "in" I will happily share the math and all the numbers to come up with the costs. I think we started off this GB thinking we would be going with the #2 (Shasta) size, didn't know about the platic mat, and 320G fabric upgrade and I was estimating around $800...well now that we've decided BIGGER and BETTER our prices went up a bit. How did it come out to $1000 each? I have no idea...ironic. "But wait, that doesn't sound right!" Well it is, if we were to jump ship on the #4 size and go back to #2, costs would be $830/tent instead of $1000. But no, we decided we wanted the bigger tent, so $175 more it is.

Shipping to your local commercial address: I'm waiting on the warehouse to give me estimates to Portland, Denver, Atlanta, Boston for estimate/reference. I've already contacted a different company, Fastenal, and they quoted me $185 from Long Beach, CA (warehouse) to Atlanta. $300 for two tents. So for me, I'm sitting here thinking $1175 for a $1950++ tent....Not bad...

Lastly, I have found out that October-December is shipping busytime. So we won't be able to extend the pre-order all the way out to October 1st. I am going to take the orders until September 21st. I need $100 down to put your name on the list so everyone knows you are serious. On September 23nd I will collect everyone's monies based on the amount of tents (10,15,20). Payment via PayPal only!
If we somehow don't get 10 tents because of back-outs I will be disappointed and refund everyone's money. So there is absolutely no reason to hold off and wait for better discount. Either you want a tent or you don't (what's $50 out of $1000 anyway?).

Can they be picked up in Cali, or do they have to be shipped?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,316
Messages
3,554,120
Members
248,016
Latest member
Advally Service

Trending content

Back
Top