Yes. It is an option on the LC Prado, GX460, and LC.
I am adding one as well as a front camera to mine for spotting.
I think it would be a great Idea and as [MENTION=78273]Jeremy556[/MENTION];1368717 said, it's on the LC.
Jeremy - can you give more details on the side/front camera set up you are going with? Most aftermarket head units only support one camera.. I believe Alpine supports 2. How you going to manager 4?!!
This too is high on my short list. How far along are you Jeremy? Have you figured out how to display the output on the nav screen?
If you add the side cameras, would you wire them to your mirror or the in dash?
Not very far. Have the cameras mounted, but still need to do wiring (the hard part).This too is high on my short list. How far along are you Jeremy? Have you figured out how to display the output on the nav screen?
Not very far. Have the cameras mounted, but still need to do wiring (the hard part).
Based on some previous how-to guides, it seems diverting and switching the camera signal shouldn't be too difficult. Someone with a 4th gen did it with a breadbox and mini relays, I plan on just using a rotary switch.
I used to have 3 cameras on my old truck wired into a Pioneer Nav unit. I just found a simple non-powered camera input switcher at radio-shack and wired the 3 cameras video feeds into that, and the output to the head unit. You had to press the button on the switcher for whichever camera you wanted to view at the time but it was no big deal and worked like a charm. Never had a problem with it.
I've wanted to do something like this for a while too on the 4Runner. Which alpine unit allows multiple cameras?
Maybe it works on more than one, but here's the model I read it on:
Alpine INE-Z928HD Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com
Rear Camera Input: A proprietary rearview camera input on the rear panel is designed for use with the Alpine HCE-C117D camera (500HCC117D, sold separately). A composite video input is also available so the input can be used with almost any rearview camera (such as the 500HCEC115, sold separately). Or, you can use both camera inputs to connect front- and rear-view cameras (front-view cameras include the 500HCEC212F, sold separately). The INE-Z928HD is also compatible with Alpine's multi-view cameras (such as the 500HCEC210, sold separately). With a multi-view camera connected, you can select between a Rear, Panorama, Corner, or Ground view when backing up. The rear-view camera function also provides three on-screen guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.7 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Any chance you know who? I would like to check out his build thread.
And post pics of the camera installed. You simply are not allowed to install cameras on your side mirrors without posting pictures. Sheesh! :fish: