Low beam headlights stopped working, on a trip, need help

I'm on a trip, as it got dark last night I discovered both of my low beam headlights aren't working. Fog Lights work, high beams work. I was 45 minutes from my campsite so I stuck right behind a truck the rest of the way. This morning I checked the bulbs, they are good, fuses are good, when I pull the headlight relay the fog lights go out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm on a trip, as it got dark last night I discovered both of my low beam headlights aren't working. Fog Lights work, high beams work. I was 45 minutes from my campsite so I stuck right behind a truck the rest of the way. This morning I checked the bulbs, they are good, fuses are good, when I pull the headlight relay the fog lights go out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Turn the headlights to manual ON, with low beams selected.
Locate the two underhood fuses labeled HEAD (LO LH) and HEAD (LO RH).
Using a multimeter or 12V test light, check for power on both sides of each fuse while they're installed.
If both fuses have power, check for power at the low-beam bulb connectors.
 
Turn the headlights to manual ON, with low beams selected.
Locate the two underhood fuses labeled HEAD (LO LH) and HEAD (LO RH).
Using a multimeter or 12V test light, check for power on both sides of each fuse while they're installed.
If both fuses have power, check for power at the low-beam bulb connectors.
Thanks for the response.

I got to my destination yesterday, thankfully I didn't have to go to much farther and all the driving was in daylight. I'll be here for several days, I'm going to dive into it more and I'll post what I find. I have a multi-meter with me.
 
Thanks for the response.

I got to my destination yesterday, thankfully I didn't have to go to much farther and all the driving was in daylight. I'll be here for several days, I'm going to dive into it more and I'll post what I find. I have a multi-meter with me.
Started troubbleshooting it, removed the passenger side connecter and I had 12volts, plugged the connector in and the bulb started working, maybe it somehow got loose?

Checked the drivers side, ends up that bulb was bad afterall, repalced it. For now I have both headlights working.

Thanks again.
 
Started troubbleshooting it, removed the passenger side connecter and I had 12volts, plugged the connector in and the bulb started working, maybe it somehow got loose?

Checked the drivers side, ends up that bulb was bad afterall, repalced it. For now I have both headlights working.

Thanks again.
Corroded connector and bad bulb!
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,381
Messages
3,554,566
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top