need help ? ABS sensor?

dougdadmac

New member
I just picked up an 01 4runner SR5 4WD with 61K miles. Car sat with minimal use for 3 years due to health problems of original owner. Stopped running 3rd day but cleaned mouse nest out of intake track near MAF and now runs great. BUT intermittently have 2 problems. About every 5th to 10th time starting from a dead stop for about 5-10 seconds truck seems to have 10HP then accelerates normally. Only happens every 5-15 times I start from dead stop but scary if turning onto road with faster traffic. 2nd problem is that every 5th to 10th stop Just as I get almost stopped-say down to 3 MPH ABS kicks in. Never at higher speed stopping. Can these 2 things be related? Or do I have 2 different problems to track down? I plan on checking resistance to 4 speed sensors. Advice appreciated. Thanks Doug
 
Register to hide this ad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo

Trending content

Back
Top