I have waited to buy for two reasons. I am worried about my CV boots but more importantly, i do a lot of highway driving and i am worried about that without perfect alignment. So here are my options, 1) wait till i get enough money for UCA's and the lift or 2) just buy the daystar 2.5/1.5 lift. Opinions? comments? thanks guys.
I think you should do this:
1. Order the OME kit and these clamps from McMaster-Carr at the same time:
A. (304SS) 3-1/2" to 4-3/8" Worm Drive
P/N 5574K24
McMaster-Carr
B. 1" to 1-5/8" Worm Drive
P/N 5574K16
McMaster-Carr
You have to order the larger in packs of 5 and the smaller in packs of 10, but spares are handy and can be sold on the forum.
2. Install the OME kit and replace CV bands if they start leaking with hose clamps (easy job, ~10 mins each). People have been running these hose clamps for over a year w/ no problems.
3. Get it aligned. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be in spec and perfect. The worse that happens is your camber is slightly off. This will not cause any uneven tire wear, and honestly, it's barely noticeable on the highway. I was worried about this a bit too bcz I drive ~ 80 miles of highway every day, but it really wasn't an issue.
4. Drive your badass whip. If you think you want new UCA's, save up for them and install them.
I feel bad that I scared people w/ the CV boot leak and the UCA install to correct alignment!