O/d

2gen4runner

New member
My 1991 4runner 3.0 Auto trans, has been shifting into O/D very hard to where the car is jerking extremely bad.....

Also the O/D light on the dash just started blinking, dont know what this means??? I Ran codes but had nothing to do with it......
 
Register to hide this ad
Here is what I found in my research as I also have an OD issue:

(a) If a malfunction occurs within the vehicle speed sensors (No. 1 or 2) or solenoids (No. 1, 2 or 4), the O/D OFF light will blink to warn the driver.
However, there will be no warning of a malfunction with lock–up solenoid.
(b) The DTC can be read by the number of blinks of the O/D OFF indicator light when terminals TE1 and E1 are connected with SST.

use this link for additional info:

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/1990-199...oypdf/95rmsour/1995/954runne/at2/troubles.pdf
 
Here is what I found in my research as I also have an OD issue:

(a) If a malfunction occurs within the vehicle speed sensors (No. 1 or 2) or solenoids (No. 1, 2 or 4), the O/D OFF light will blink to warn the driver.
However, there will be no warning of a malfunction with lock–up solenoid.
(b) The DTC can be read by the number of blinks of the O/D OFF indicator light when terminals TE1 and E1 are connected with SST.

use this link for additional info:

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/1990-199...oypdf/95rmsour/1995/954runne/at2/troubles.pdf

Sorry i havent got back to you......Thanks for the link....I'll start diagnostic, sometime ha ha
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,584
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn

Trending content

Back
Top