93 4 Runner engine Problems after rebuild

louie2

New member
I have rebuilt my 3.0ltr. 3vze engine and drove it 60 miles and my check engine light came on! Code was for a knock sensor! After many checks i drained the oil to find it was full of aluminum! (Metallic looking)! I think it is either, oil pump or bearings ! When i rebuilt this engine it took me 2 years to get all my parts and everything was new ! I was wondering if anyone has ever changed main bearings with the engine in the truck by dropping the front differential out instead of pulling the engine again. Any input is greatly appreciated!!
 
Register to hide this ad
I have rebuilt my 3.0ltr. 3vze engine and drove it 60 miles and my check engine light came on! Code was for a knock sensor! After many checks i drained the oil to find it was full of aluminum! (Metallic looking)! I think it is either, oil pump or bearings ! When i rebuilt this engine it took me 2 years to get all my parts and everything was new ! I was wondering if anyone has ever changed main bearings with the engine in the truck by dropping the front differential out instead of pulling the engine again. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

A buddy of mine has replaced main bearing's buy pulling the front diff and oil pan, so i know it is possible. However don't think it's any faster then pulling the motor out.

Welcome to the forum.
 
I was wondering if anyone has ever changed main bearings with the engine in the truck by dropping the front differential out instead of pulling the engine again. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Do some web surfing and you will find info on dropping the diff to do lower engine work like you describe.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,555
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top