Inv4drZm's Build Thread

I had a solidworks license for school last year. I just checked and I have 1 day left lol, so I can try to help out before end of day tomorrow if another format is needed.
heGsUNeh.jpg

I wish Solidworks personal licenses were so absurdly expensive.
 
Wow I now have 1,000 posts in my build thread.

Here's to 1,000 more.

:cheers:

To 1,000 more!

I saw you're using stoptech pads and rotors which I'm looking into as an alternative to the power stop z36 kit but was wondering which calipers you're using and If you're running the 319mm or 338mm rotors. Thanks!
 
To 1,000 more!

I saw you're using stoptech pads and rotors which I'm looking into as an alternative to the power stop z36 kit but was wondering which calipers you're using and If you're running the 319mm or 338mm rotors. Thanks!

I'm just using the stock calipers my truck came with and the 338mm rotors. Can still lock up my 37s so I saw no real reason to swap to 5th gen parts.
 
I'm just using the stock calipers my truck came with and the 338mm rotors. Can still lock up my 37s so I saw no real reason to swap to 5th gen parts.

Not had many problems with the calipers? I know I've seen you post something about calipers but I can't seem to recall what or where it was.
 
I'm just using the stock calipers my truck came with and the 338mm rotors. Can still lock up my 37s so I saw no real reason to swap to 5th gen parts.


Sorry for the double post but just thought of this, you could still use the stoptech parts and upgrade to the 5th gen calipers right?
 
Not had many problems with the calipers? I know I've seen you post something about calipers but I can't seem to recall what or where it was. ��

One side was seized but I used a clamp to free it up and it's been working ever since, around 4,000 miles now.

Sorry for the double post but just thought of this, you could still use the stoptech parts and upgrade to the 5th gen calipers right?

The 4th gen rotors are thinner, but I guess I probably could still swap to 5th gen calipers. I just don't have the need to right now, and like I said braking performance is fine even with how heavy my truck is.
 
This is going to require a lot of work some day.

Tall enough to fit 14" coilovers flush with the axle tube once I chop into the body a little. Won't interfere with the rear seats if I weld them behind the axle and cut into the rear of the wheel well. Anyone want to donate me some coilovers?

 
This is going to require a lot of work some day.

Tall enough to fit 14" coilovers flush with the axle tube once I chop into the body a little. Won't interfere with the rear seats if I weld them behind the axle and cut into the rear of the wheel well. Anyone want to donate me some coilovers?

You could start a Go Fund Me account.
I thought about starting a - Brett needs a Trophy Truck - account.
But then I figured I wouldn't have enough money to tow it any where, or the money to fill it up with fuel, so I gave up on that one.
I know Kevin Berthelot's Mega Lex has the rear seats removed for his rig with COs and Bypasses, but it's not a daily like yours. Curious how your gonna do your geometry. The Sherpa Motorsports crew welded support hoops inside the wheel well which I'm curious about as well. Love my truck the way it is, but you know, you always want more travel.
 

Attachments

  • 69672785_2894751850536425_5667107586411855872_n.jpg
    69672785_2894751850536425_5667107586411855872_n.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 481
  • 69749697_2894751943869749_6014107357284401152_n.jpg
    69749697_2894751943869749_6014107357284401152_n.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
You could start a Go Fund Me account.
I thought about starting a - Brett needs a Trophy Truck - account.
But then I figured I wouldn't have enough money to tow it any where, or the money to fill it up with fuel, so I gave up on that one.
I know Kevin Berthelot's Mega Lex has the rear seats removed for his rig with COs and Bypasses, but it's not a daily like yours. Curious how your gonna do your geometry. The Sherpa Motorsports crew welded support hoops inside the wheel well which I'm curious about as well. Love my truck the way it is, but you know, you always want more travel.

It'll be fun, I'll need to chop into the body a little and re-plate the wheel wells around the towers to re-seal everything. 14" of shock travel will be nice, but I'm betting the main benefit will be from raising the lower mounts to flush with the axle tube. I swear I hit those things on every rock.

The Sherpa truck has an identical rear setup to my brother's FJ which is pretty nice too. :eyebrows:
 
It'll be fun, I'll need to chop into the body a little and re-plate the wheel wells around the towers to re-seal everything. 14" of shock travel will be nice, but I'm betting the main benefit will be from raising the lower mounts to flush with the axle tube. I swear I hit those things on every rock.

The Sherpa truck has an identical rear setup to my brother's FJ which is pretty nice too. :eyebrows:
Which coil springs is your brother using? Does he have a thread somewhere? Curiouser and Curiouser...
 
Don't do it man.......

Jk it's about time you match that wicked front end!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I'm already itching to go +3.5" in the front and go full insanity in the rear lol. Actually I have close to the same wheel travel front and rear. My rear smoothies are custom length at 28.25" but the standard lower mount only gives it 9" stroke. Looking at moving the upper mounts up higher and adding some bump cans. I want more up travel for my speed addiction. No real rock crawling here in swamp land, so droop is not as crucial.
I still need 4:56s and a locker before any of this suspension gets worked on. Damndemic screwed my plans this year.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,557
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top