A little update and aggravation. Back when I started going through the 4Runner to restore it, I had a rear axle seal leak on the driver side. I intended to do all that myself and tried to find a local machine shop, or other, that could do the press work for me to no avail. I ended up having Toyota just do both axle seals, wheel bearings, and rear brakes. I couldn't justify buying the press and SST that I'd use one time vs the price I could have Toyota do the job.
Well, the passenger side started leaking a little while later. They replaced it again. Now 6 mos later, it's leaked AGAIN. This time they're having a "more experienced" tech make the repair. Ummmm ok.
Anyway hopefully they get it right this time and highlights why I hate to have someone else work on my cars.
Driving to Mom's Sunday going over bumps I heard a bang bang and felt a jar in the cab. Inspection showed one of my Energy Suspension front sway bar brackets that hold my Addco sway bar had broken in glorious fashion. No idea how, but it basically shattered on the front edge and bent down about 2 inches from the sway bar.
Quick stop at the auto parts place for two new Energy Suspension 1.25" sway bar brackets with bushings, and a stop at the hardware store for $20!! in grade 10.9 bolts, washers, and lock nuts and it's back to business. 4 bolts, 4 lock nuts, and 8 washsers....$20...w0w.
Awesome thread. Will be checking out the YT channel. Did you have any of the front seat foam replaced when doing the Katzkins?
That sucks. :-(Well, looks like the forum software got an update and broke all my YT links on page one, and I can no longer edit the first post to update new maintenance and modifications. May be pointless to keep updating the thread now.
Finally changed that fuel filter. I didn't realize it'd been 20 years! Yuck.
There's a Tech that's working on solving/updating old links so they will work with the new software, I know he's already been working on old YouTube links.That sucks. :-(