OEM Side Window Rain Guards

JustTroItIn

Member
Hey All,

One of my beaters has what I believe to be OEM side window rain guards. I want to remove them from the beater and put them on the nicer rig. Anyone have any advice on removing them? Many thanks!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I did a search and the only info I could find was on the ones that are glued on. Those people used string or fishing line in a flossing motion to break the adhesive.
 
Hey All,

One of my beaters has what I believe to be OEM side window rain guards. I want to remove them from the beater and put them on the nicer rig. Anyone have any advice on removing them? Many thanks!
Easiest method is to use a hair dryer or a heat gun on low to heat up the mounting adhesive on the rear of the rain guards. Start at one end, heating the adhesive while gently pulling the rain guard away from the vehicle body. One removed from the vehicle remove all of the old mounting tape. Reinstall using 3M heavy duty mounting tape.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,365
Messages
3,554,412
Members
248,060
Latest member
MVD310

Trending content

Back
Top